Cannot login to admin console

When attempting to access either the secure or non-secure administrativebconsole of Wildfire, for some reason, it won’'t let me login, I thought the base account/pswd is admin/admin.

anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx.

Mikemillion

Hi,

you did specify a password during setup for admin, or something went wrong there.

You may use a client like Spark and create a new account “foo” and then modify conf/wildfire.xml and add “foo” into "). Restart Wildfire and use user “foo” to access the web admin console, so you can also reset the password of admin.

LG

Hello-

That did not fix the problem. I created the user ‘‘myadmin’’ via the spark client, modified the wildfire.xml file to put both admin and myadmin in the file, and restarted both wildfire from the small gui window and the service, to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Hi,

do you have two Wildfire servers running? It should be either “service” or “gui window”.

LG

Hello-

I shutdown the ‘‘service’’, and restarted the GUI, but received the same result.

Mikemillion

Hello-

Figured it out. dug a little more into the xml file, and noted a statement about binding to all network interfaces, so I replaced the localhost address of 127.0.0.1 with the hostname bound to the primary network interface, and the admin console came up without a hitch.

Thanx again.

Mikemillion