Cannot resolve symbol ParamUtils

I’‘m trying messenger for the first time, having installed it on Tomcat. I think I’‘ve completed everything in the installation docs. However, when I point my browser to http://localhost:8080/jivexmpp/index.jsp, all three frames give me the error below. I’'ve checked the jars in the web-inf/lib folder, including jive_ext.jar and jive-xmpp-lib.jar and none of them contain this ParamUtils class.

Is there something I’'ve forgotten?

Thanks,

Marc

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 14 in the jsp file: /login.jsp

Generated servlet error:

Compiling 1 source file

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\jivexmpp\login_jsp.java:8: cannot resolve symbol

symbol : class ParamUtils

import com.jivesoftware.util.ParamUtils;

^

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\jivexmpp\login_jsp.java:49: cannot resolve symbol

symbol : variable ParamUtils

String username = ParamUtils.getParameter(request,“username”);

^

Hi,

You uncovered a problem in my build setup. I was trying to minimize redundant classes on the classpath and looks like I accidentally removed that class.

I’‘m going to update the download in a few minutes. But if you want to avoid downloading the entire Messenger again, you can just do this manually. Go into the plug-in/web-admin directory (you may need to retrieve it from the original zip since you probably moved this directory or possibly deleted it as per instructions for web-app installation). Within plug-ins/web-admin/lib/jetty-module.jar you’'ll find the missing ParamUtils class. Just add it to the jive-xmpp-lib.jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory and you should be off and running.

Or wait a few minutes and I’‘ll have the messenger download online updated. I’‘ll post another followup here when it’'s ready.

-iain

The download has been updated with the correct packaging of classes. Sorry about the inconvenience.

-iain

I just downloaded 16/04, the same problem…but I resolved this problem by copying jars from jive forums…

But now i have this problem:

PS: I’'m using the same database as Jive Forums

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.auth.spi.DbAuthFactory.createAuthToken(DbAuthFactory.java :79)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.auth.AuthFactory.getAuthToken(AuthFactory.java:99)

at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:63)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

Hi,

Jars from Jive Forums are not interchangeable with those from Jive Messenger. This is likely the source of your problem. Instead, try a vanilla setup and drop the attached jar into your WEB-INF/lib directory.

-iain

Also, you should be using a separate database for Messenger and Forums for now. For a future Messenger release, you’'ll be able to share databases between the two products, but not for the 1.0 release.

Regards,

Matt