Can't get 'Presence Plugin' to show in available plugins in Openfire 4.0.2

followed the “Installation” instructions from the readme:

"Installation

Copy presence.jar into the plugins directory of your Openfire installation. The plugin will then be automatically deployed. To upgrade to a new version, copy the new presence.jar file over the existing file."

Copying the file into the plugins directory did absolutely nothing automatically, or at least nothing that I could see. On the “Plugins” page, the only thing I see is that for the “Upload Plugin”, the browse takes me right to the file, and I can click “Upload Plugin”. This places the plugin name and description above it, and then a green ribbon pops up saying the following:

“Plugin uploaded successfully. It may take a short time for the plugin to appear in the list of installed plugins.”

That’s it, nothing else anywhere. I’ve tried restarting Openfire, the server on which it resides, I’ve deleted and re-uploaded the plugin too… I can’t seem to get any further than this, and I haven’t any clue what I’m missing, but it must be something pretty fundamental. Can anyone assist?

Screenshots below:

totally asking the wrong question… found the configuration under: Server>Server Settings>Presence Service