Cant install fastpath webclient on openfire

In my Server Information Screen, my server name is listed as 127.0.0.1 (the localhost loopback). Spark clients connect using the actual servername/ipaddress. should I change the file to just use this loopback IP, or should I change the Server name property? And how would I do the latter?

I have this working now, thank you!

I’m having a similar problem here, wondering if you could help me out as I’m trying to get this adopted organization wide and I’m having difficulty getting my own domain setup with this.

When I have fastpath setup, it requires that the server domain be the HOSTNAME of the target server. I’ve tried using just my xmppdomain (cat6wired.net) and it fails, I get the following error:

List of available workgroups within Fastpath

Click on one of the following workgroups to join.

Unable to connect to server using the following settings:

Server: cat6wired.net

Port: 5222

SSL Enabled: false

Test Connection\

Please change your server settings in the setup tool.

When I test the connection, I get:

Server Connection Test

Results:

XMPPError connecting to cat6wired.net:5222.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to cat6wired.net:5222.

– caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection. java:806) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1252) at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.test_002dconnection_jsp._jspService(test_002dcon nection_jsp.java:59) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395) at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Nested Exception:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:366) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:180) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection. java:791) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1252) at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.test_002dconnection_jsp._jspService(test_002dcon nection_jsp.java:59) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395) at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

This would be correct, because my openfire server is not hosted on my DNS server. This is why I have SRV records implemented pointing to my openfire server which is ‘secure.cat6wired.net’. When I enter in secure.cat6wired.net as the hostname, installation completes fine, but I get a screen with nothing when I click the tools (like everyone else, its a title bar which says to click on the queue, but no queues are displayed).

The only time I’ve successfully gotten this to work was when my openfire and my DNS server were the same.

The warn log in openfire:

2008.07.23 10:04:40 Error creating connection to server.

XMPPError connecting to cat6wired.net:5222.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to cat6wired.net:5222. – caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Again, expected, it shouldn’t be connecting to the root, but it should be following the SRV records. Here are theSRV records and my A entry records trying to direct this thing to the right place:

secure IN A 64.151.74.252

xmpp-server.tcp.cat6wired.net. 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5269 secure.cat6wired.net.

xmpp-server.tcp.secure.cat6wired.net 3600 IN SRV 0 5 5269 secure.cat6wired.net.

xmpp-client.tcp.cat6wired.net. 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5222 secure.cat6wired.net.

jabber.tcp.cat6wired.net. 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5269 secure.cat6wired.net.

I’m not quite sure what else I’m missing here. When I have fastpath configured to go to the hostname secure.cat6wired.net I get the following in the error log:

2008.07.16 09:28:14

org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSessi on(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:259)

Error trying to connect to remote server:

workgroup.secure.cat6wired.net(DNS lookup:

workgroup.secure.cat6wired.net:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: workgroup.secure.cat6wired.net at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:254) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:215) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:194) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Now I didn’t specify workgroup.secure.cat6wired.net, but somehow it thinks that’s the server… wth!

I use a wildcard certificate, so anything cat6wired.net is authenticated with a GoDaddy certificate. When I imported it, I imported the crt with the intermediate, and it accepted it all just fine.

Help?! I’m so lost now…

Is there a workaround if the xmpp.domain and the dns domain do not match?