Can't login to server after first restart (conf with AD)

Hello!

I’ve just installed new OpenFire server to my CentOS 5.5 and I’ve got some strange problem.

Openfire installed with ActiveDirectory and MySQL. I always pressed Test button on each step and everything was ok.

After install I logged in web interface and checked config, everything was ok. I logged with couple of AD users - ok, logged with AD admin - ok.

Then I restart server and none of AD users was able to enter even admin. So I checked your support forum and found simple solution:

admin

It doesn’t work for me. Each time when I edit openfire.xml and try to login, file takes next state:

So, what can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hello!

I’ve just installed new OpenFire server to my CentOS 5.5 and I’ve got some strange problem.

Openfire installed with ActiveDirectory and MySQL. I always pressed Test button on each step and everything was ok.

After install I logged in web interface and checked config, everything was ok. I logged with couple of AD users - ok, logged with AD admin - ok.

Then I restart server and none of AD users able to login even admin. So i checked you support forum and found simple solution:

*** admin ***

It doesn’t work for me. Each time I edit openfire.xml and try to login files takes next state:

So, what can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Tried latest beta - same result.

When your editing the config file, are you making sure your getting rid of the <— at either end of the line too?

Don’t add the line yourself, theirs allready a line in the config file with the parameters, just add the “admin” in the middle and get rid of the <— at either end

After first restart openfire.xml looks like:

–>

en

–>

en

What should I add to conf file to get back server in operational state?

Even if I don’t edit it why I can’t connect to server with any domain user?

Thanks for help!

Okay, thanks for support, but I found “bug/problem/etc”.

In the setup form I enter AdminDN in Russian language like this: CN=Системный администратор,OU=IT,DC=metalural,DC=loc

But after installation I found in DB that AdminDN was changed to: CN=??? ???,OU=IT,DC=metalural,DC=loc (sigh)

So, I chaged screen name in AD to “admin” and update DB field. Now it works.

Thanks to everybody.