Can't Transfer files TO Spark Inside Citrix

I have Spark 2.5.6 running inside Citrix. Using Openfire 3.3.2. Integrated into LDAP.

Users can chat just fine. However, I cannot send a file TO a user running Spark inside citrix. I can transfer a file from Spark in citrix to a Spark user outside of citrix just fine, but the other direction does not work. Nor does a citrix-to-citrix file transfer work. Each time I try to transfer a file, the receiver’s Spark window says “Negotiating file transfer. Please wait” and sits at 0 bytes and never times out. I see in the error.log file in the spark directory the error shown below. I HAVE verified that the path set in Spark Preferences exists.

My Questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this error, and if so can you tell me how to resolve it?

2. If not, is there a way to completely disable the File Transfer feature inside Spark? If it doesn’t work, I want to disable it to avoid unnecessary support calls when it doesn’t work.

Error from Spark error.log file:

Sep 18, 2007 4:33:08 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

Could not create file to write too:

– caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.recieveFile(IncomingF ileTransfer.java:109)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.filetransfer.transfer.ui.ReceiveMessage$5.con struct(ReceiveMessage.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nested Exception:

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.recieveFile(IncomingF ileTransfer.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.filetransfer.transfer.ui.ReceiveMessage$5.con struct(ReceiveMessage.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance! Scott

It looks like you do not have permission to create the directory in which Spark stores it files.

That’s what it looks like, but I had it set to save to my U:\ directory which is my user folder on a shared server. The U:\ drive is my primary drive in citrix and I open, create, and save files and directories to it all the time. Any other ideas?

I was able to figure out how to get the file transfer working TO citrix, but I identified a very strange issue. Could this be a Spark bug?

I am dynamically creating the spark.properties file for new users, and I’m setting this line: “downloadDirectory=U:
My Documents” to have the download directory be the user’s U:\My Documents directory (user directory on a shared server). When a new user opens spark, they cannot receive file transfers inside citrix. However, once they follow the following steps (it never works until they do these steps), it works:

1. Open Spark Preferences.

2. Open File Transfer location property, and browse to select the U:\My Documents directory.

3. Go to File - Exit

4. Open Spark again and it works!

At first I thought it not working may be due to my downloadDirectory= line being incorrect, but after it was working, I verified that the download directory line in the spark.properties file is EXACTLY what I was inserting when creating the file dynamically.

Any further ideas on why this is happening? Luckily, I’ve found a workaround, but I don’t really want to have to instruct all users to modify their file transfer directory then restart Spark before they can do a file transfer.

Thanks, Scott