Change Name ' Spark"?

!file:///C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg!Do you know when you login to the client up in the top left hand corner it says spark at the top of the window does anyone know in which file that the file to edit that i have had a look through most of the files but there is so many files?

http://www.ausnetserversaustralia.com/CHAT.png <<<< this is the part that i ant to change it is circled

Hey Matthew,

Have you checked the .properties files in org.jivesoftware.resource in the spark.jar file?

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

Thanks for your tip.

I look into Spark.jar and find some images to replace to customize my application.

I changed some images, keeping all sizes and extensions (like Spark.png), but when i run Spark, it keep the original image.

What i have to do to see my customized images? I tried to unistall, reistall and use the Spark.jar with my images, and nothing changed in Spark. I´m looking now for more information about to customize the msi package, and i appreciate any help in this case.

Thanks for all !!

Here is what I’m changing in the source code for our customized version of Spark:

• java\org\jivesoftware\launcher - in the Installer.java file, replace “Spark.exe” with our custom file name, then find and replace “Spark” (case sensitive) with our custom application name

• java\org\jivesoftware\resource - in the spark.properties file, find and replace “Spark” (case sensitive) with our custom application name, then replace “Version 1.0 Release” with the current version of Spark.

• resources\i18n - in the spark_i18n.properties file, find and replace “Spark” (case sensitive) with our custom application name

• resources\images - replace the following files:
    - spark.ico
    - spark_100.jpg (100 x 100)
    - spark-16x16.png
    - spark-32x32.png
    - spark-60x60.png
    - spark.png (244 x 188)
    - away.png (16 x 16)
    - DoNotDisturb.png (16 x 16)

Hi Rob,

I did create Build a Branded/Skinned Version of Spark, so one should be able to find this valuable information more easy.

LG

1 Like

Hi,

Firstly I have to say, what a Great Product.

I have followed the instruction exactly as what has been instructed. After login I found that chatting dialog on my end of the converstation did not display what has been typed other than the the date and time.

Further investigation found that upon opening Spark it will check if C:\document and settings\user\spark\ exist, and if not it will create one with empty logs,plugins,resources,users,extra folders within it . However spark will run correctly if i popluate the spark folder with the correct plugins and xtra folder.

My question is there a step I am missing which is preventing spark from popluating the correct files.

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for your tip.

I look into Spark.jar and find some images to replace to customize my application.

I changed some images, keeping all sizes and extensions (like Spark.png), but when i run Spark, it keep the original image.

What i have to do to see my customized images? I tried to unistall, reistall and use the Spark.jar with my images, and nothing changed in Spark. I´m looking now for more information about to customize the msi package, and i appreciate any help in this case.

Thanks for all !!

Delete Spark’s profile in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Spark and then try launching Spark again.

I have delete Spark’s profile in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Spark and then try launching Spark again but is the same problem