Changed AD password, now no one can connect to spark

I didn’t remember this software hinging on a specific username with a set password to even run. I tried logging into the console with both my new and old password and both fail. So something has broken with it and I’m not sure what. I tried adding my admin account and also a test account into the field below, restarting Spark, but I still can’t log into the console with any account. Does anyone know why this would break? And how I can reset an admin password within spark?

1. <authorizedUsernames>INSERT-USERNAME-HERE</authorizedUsernames> 

2. <!-- <authorizedJIDs></authorizedJIDs> --> 

Decided to wipe and reinstall. Was all good until adding an admin - even though all tests to the domain controller passed, it can’t find any user I’m entering here. What would cause this to not work if it found users based on previous tests? Have tried making accounts in 3 different OUs, doesn’t matter, lookups of each one fail.

Strange, it failed, I tabbed out to write this, I went back, and it had passed on it’s own? Very odd and delayed action.

Logged into console, spat out a bunch of error codes, restarted server, and now it wants a fresh setup? Is this software always this clunky and problematic?

Completely clean install will not run:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /index.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:172)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1669)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1652)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:76)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1652)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:226)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:165)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 3)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:11 27)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:106 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:215)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Have you cleared your all data from database and tried to reinstall it??

This could be happned due to admin plugin so please try to update admin plugin and try it.

are you running it from eclipse?? or other client??

I cleared all data and got the above error. I’ve decided to look at other solutions since this completely breaks if the AD account it was setup with changes in any way.