Changing Agent Names in FastPath

I am evaluating OpenFire 3.6.3 and the FastPath plug-in. I am curious if there is a way to enable agents to change the name that is displayed to customers they are chatting with. I have OpenFire configured to pull user information from LDAP and we use a “last name, first name” convention for users, which isn’t particularly friendly for our customers.

I saw the setting in FastPath “agents are allowed to change their names”, but couldn’t find any documentation to see if this is what I am looking for and/or how to use it.

I also saw a previous discussion about this same issue and the ways they worked around the challenge, but given the age of that discussion, I thought I’d ask the question again in case something has changed since then.

Thanks for the help.

There is not much you can do with LDAP configured users. I have my users configured with nicknames of First name Last name (John Doe), in LDAP. This is what is shown by default in fastpath. Unfortunately LDAP accounts are read only in Openfire. This means the user cannot change anything including the displayed nickname.