Changing font, not only the size

Hello,

How can i change the police font used by Spark ?

I can change the size only …

thank you in advance

Police? Not exactly sure what you are asking. Can you be a little more specific?

Oups sorry, police means font … i’m french …

You can’t. Changing of fonts is not implemented in the current version. Unless you will modify the source code ant compile your custom version of Spark.

Ok, thank you.

This can be a field for preferences for the future Spark version ?

As i’m not a developer it’s hard for me to tell is it possible. I don’t know how fonts work in Spark, is it using system fonts or something internal and how will this work across other platforms. Developer would answer this better. I will ask cstux (current developer) about this if i get a chance.

I am working on a version which allows the font face, size, colour & attributes (bold, italic, underline, strikethrough) to be changed.

Maybe you are willing to contribute your work to Spark project?

Of course!

I’m still working on it, but it’s very nearly usable. I’ve attached a screenshot, but it still needs cosmetic work to the buttons etc…

I’ll need write access to the SVN repository, if I don’t have it already…

Send button is also a part of your work? I hope this can be disabled in settings. What technology it uses to exchange text with different style between Spark clients? XHTML? Maybe this ticket is right for this? SPARK-464

As for the SVN. So far it will be enough to leave patches here and after testing cstux will apply them to SVN. If you plan to do more work on Spark, then commit rights can be granted.

Actually, the SEND button, and code to mark-up the text with attributes was already there - I just enabled it. I added code to apply attributes to the entered text, and to display it correctly in the transcript window.

The changes I made are intended for use exclusively within our corporate enterprise, so every user will be able to handle the enhancements.

The Font buttons etc are a Plugin, so can be switched off if not required.

The attached patch file will update TRUNK to include the functionality I added.
Font_attributes.patch.zip (14422 Bytes)

Patch was applied successfully, but it doesnt compile for me in NetBeans:

clean:
init:
Created dir: D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\plugins
resources:
Copying 665 files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\classes
Copying 5 files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\resources
Copying 5 files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\resources\sounds
Copying 6 files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\plugins
Copying 4 files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\xtra
base:
Building jar: D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\build\lib\base.jar
build:
D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\build.xml:207: warning: ‘includeantruntime’ was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
Compiling 323 source files to D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\target\classes
D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\util\GraphicUtils. java:639: warning: sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder sf = sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder.getShellFolder(file);
D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\util\GraphicUtils. java:639: warning: sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder sf = sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder.getShellFolder(file);
D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\sparkimpl\plugin\alerts\ BroadcastDialog.java:139: cannot find symbol
symbol : constructor ChatInputEditor()
messageBox = new ChatInputEditor();
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
2 warnings
D:\My Documents\JiveSoftware\Spark\build.xml:207: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 57 seconds)

I could compile that with patch.But group chat room seems not have font setting

Your implement is just a user-defined format.Why not just implement the xhtml jep?

Guys,

3 points:

1. I can never get Spark to build in Netbeans. I use ANT from the build folder.

2. I only added font settings to one-one chat. Group chat isn’t used here, so haven’t I visited that area yet.

3. The format was already defined in the source, but unused, so I used it and added to it. I don’t know anything about the XML jep.

Anyway, i have filed a ticket for you patch SPARK-1150 Will attach it, when i get back my attaching permission.

Further patch, wihich applies font settings functionality to GroupChat also
Font_attributes_groupchat.patch.zip (1923 Bytes)

attached as well

wroot,

you still aren’t able to attach files? I thought I fixed that for you.

daryl