Changingthe port that Wildfire uses?

How do I change the port that Wildfire server is using. I installed it on win 2003 server. Ran the application and tried checking out 127.0.0.1:9090 but all I get is ablank browser screen.

I tried running it as a service and it doesn’'t give errors but the error log says that the address is already in use. See below.

2006.04.03 15:55:44 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminC onsolePlugin.java:183)

] Trouble initializing admin console

org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind, java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind]

So how can I get wildfire to use a different address?

This looks like a lovely app if I can get it running.

Dave S

dstoodle@cdli.ca

Welcome Dave,

you should find a wildfire.xml file in the conf directory. Edit the port value to fit your needs.

LG

I found the xml file. Any recomendations about what I should change it to? Any examples of how I change it?

Thanks

Dave

/code or to whatever ports are free. You have the choice of about 64512 ports between 1024 and 65536.

Use wordpad or another editor of your choice to edit it.

LG

You should see a section that looks something like this:

/code

To change the HTTP port, just change the 9090 value to something else. To change the HTTPS port, change the 9091 value.

As for what port to change it to, that’'s up to you. Just about any high port number (above 8000 or so) should work just fine.

Timothy Collett

I changed the port to 9696 and when I start the wildfire exe it shows listening at 127.0.0.1:9696

but when I do netstat it shows listening at 0.0.0.0:9696

I tried both in a browser

127.0.0.1:9696 gives me a blank page

0.0.0.0:9696 gives me an error message

What next?

Dave

Hi,

0.0.0.0 means that it is listening to all IP addresses. It’'s normal so I wonder why you get an empty page.

Are you using a proxy also for localhost?

Does the servername or IP (like http://10.1.2.3:9696/ of your server works?

You may shutdown Wifi again and edit your wildfire.xml file to enable the debug log:

/code

Then you should launch Wifi and open a “cmd.exe” and enter there “telnet 127.0.0.1 9696”. This should lead to a blank cmd window, now you may enter blind “GET / HTTP/1.0” and press 2x return. Then Wifi should display some text, which could help to understand what’'s going on.

And the debug log should also contain some valuable information.

LG