Chat history

This question probably has a simple answer, and I’m sure I am just missing something, but I don’t know where else to look for answers.

I know you can control the length of chat history in group chats, but I have been searching for a setting to control user’s chat/conversation history length.

Right now we are using Spark 2.5.5, the history length is set to about one day, and there doesn’t appear to be anywhere in the client to change this. Surely there is a way to change it in the openfire server, I just can’t find it.

Any help you can provide would be great!

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

the client stores the history locally in “%USERPROFILE%\Spark\user” and there is as far as I know no option to configure how much it does display.

LG

Is it possible this can be added as a feature? It’s very important for some of our users to be able to go back and look at their message records that are weeks, or even months old.

Hi,

unless you delete the local log files they should contain all messages, one needs to click the “History” icon within Spark to get them displayed.

If you want to store it on server side take a look at Open Archive: Server side message archive with support for XEP-0136. There is no Spark plugin available yet which supports this. So currently only the admin can view the messages as far as I know.

LG