Chat this week with Pandion developers

Hey all,

I’‘m pleased to announce that we’'ll be having special guests join our normally scheduled group chat this week. The two main developers of the Pandion desktop client, Sebastiaan Deckers and Dries Staelens will be joining to answer your questions about Pandion and XMPP client development.

Having special guests join the chats is something new that we’‘re going to try out once every couple of weeks. So that we can keep the discussion lively, please post some of your ideas for questions to ask them in this thread. We’'ll also be discussing Jive Messenger/Smack/XIFF as usual.

Also, please note: the time changed this week in the U.S. so the chat will be at 9:00 A.M. (Pacific) instead of 8:00 on Wednesday. Unless I’‘m utterly confused about time zones, that should still be 16:00 GMT for the rest of the world. I’'ll get the group chat page updated to reflect the change.

So, please post your questions in this thread and bring all your friends on Wednesday!

Thanks,

Matt

A few questions that I have for the Pandion devs:

• Does Pandion have full support for XMPP 1.0? If not, what areas are missing?

• How much time do you devote to Pandion development?

• The Pandion license says that it can only be used for non-commercial purposes, but I don’'t see a way to purchase a commercial license. What gives?

• What cool new features are coming to Pandion in the near future?

I’'m looking forward to the chat!

-Matt

Yeah, I think this will be fun. Below are a couple of questions I have:

• I’'d like to hear what their thoughts are on a couple of issues that have cropped up between Messenger and Pandion that have been discussed url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=40&threadID=13402&mes sageID=96480&#96480here[/url] and url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=40&threadID=14112here[/url].

• And like Matt, I’‘m curious to know what they have planned for Pandion’'s future?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hope this is not too offtopic:

I also got confused with Time Zones, here is a list for some countries to check what to add or detract to get to local time:

So for Germany this is

UTC + 1h = MEZ (winter/normal time)

UTC + 2h = MESZ (summer time)

Then 16:00 UTC (GMT) seems to be 18:00 local German time.

I have no questions about Pandion, I’'ve had some chats about it with Sebastiaan already

Thanks to everyone for joining, especially Sebastiaan and Dries from Pandion! I think that was one of our best chats yet. The transcript is attached to this message.

Regards,

Matt

yep, a lot of information:) And the main obstacle for testing Pandion at our company was cleared. Pandion is free for commercial use after all:)

Hi All,

I just checked and the issue with conferencing and searching not working properly with Pandion and the latest cvs version of Messenger still exists.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey guys,

For your information, tomorrow’'s nightly build will include a fix for the search and conference problems reported with Pandion. The relates jira issue is: JM-244.

Thanks,

– Gato

This chat transcript appears to be corrupted - can someone repost it? Thanks.

-Guy Martin

I think i have it at home, so i can email it to you this evening if Matt wount fix it soon. So PM me your email.

Yes, it looks like the chat transcript is corrupt. If I could post attachments, I’'d put it up here.

Thanks folks - Cameron Moore was kind enough to send me a copy.