Client Cannot Connect

I have just completed setup of the server software and configured it. When I try to connect a user with MirandaIM, I see the following error in the log:

— Marker inserted by admin at Mar 21, 2005 6:59:07 PM —

2005.03.21 19:00:58 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:1 44)

] Error handling authentication IQ packet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:98 )

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:195)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:74)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:254)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:110)

— Marker inserted by admin at Mar 21, 2005 7:01:50 PM —

Any Help Appreciated.

more details, about system, software versions etc.

Windows Server 2003 behind firewall with ports 5222-5223 and 9090-9091 open.

Jive Messenger 2.1.2 and latest java engine. Installed yesterday.

Hey Clint,

I tried to reproduce the problem using the latest version of MirandaIM and Messenger without success. I added more debugging information to messenger so it would be great if you can try to reproduce the problem using the next nightly build which will include my changes.

Could you also provide more detailed information so we can try to reproduce the problem? Such as: steps to follow, name of users, name of server, etc.

Thanks,

– Gato

Sorry, been a little busy. Will install and try again. Thanks. Will post details.

I installed the latest nightly build and now it works perfectly.