Client Control Plugin install issue

I’m running into a curious issue installing the client control plugin and was hoping for some feedback.

I’m getting a warning: **org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Ignoring plugin clientcontrol: requires server version org.jivesoftware.util.Version@1c8ab1e **

Which is kind of a strange warning. I’m not sure if it’s implying it doesn’t recognize the plugin as designed for a server rather than a client or rather that client control version 1.3.1 isn’t supported on Openfire 3.10.2 which seems equally strange since this plugin was just released a few weeks ago.

There doesn’t appear to be any thing in the error log regarding this.

Anyone happen to have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Alex

Plugins is a messy thing here. 1.3.1 i think requires 3.11.0. It was released recently and for some reason the requirement was bumped (maybe it has to do with some issues with version numbers, but someone else can explain it better).

Try this version (attached), though after moving to 3.11.0 alpha and back i wasn’t able to make it work again for me.
clientcontrol 1.2.0.jar (102513 Bytes)

Thanks for the reply!

I think that still might need a newer version of OpenFire. I get some interesting errors when deploying that version.

org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/clientcontrol

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ClientControlPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :414)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :76)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1068)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It looks like it might be trying to call some code that hasn’t been implemented in this version?

I have filed https://igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/OF-968

Maybe Daryl will find out what is happening (as he has pushed the last patch for Client Control).

Thanks wroot!

This http://https://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/57451#253207 one works on 3.10.2

It is compiled from ‘3.10’ branch

1 Like

Ok, thanks. It is actually same code as 1.3.1, just built for the older version of Openfire.

Here’s the plugins compiled from 3.10 Project-Plugins

Great, thanks!