Clients randomly don''t see each others messages

A variety of clients, adium, ichat, gaim 1.5 and gaim2.0, one person will be talking, and then the other person in the conversation won’'t be able to send any responses until they log off and log back on. Nothing in the logs, nothing in the errors, one person is just unable to speak until they reset their connection.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this would be happening?

Hey munin,

Which version of Wildfire are you using? We fixed 2 issues in Wildfire 3.2.2 that fix the exact type of problem you are describing.

Regards,

– Gato

Sorry, I should have said, I’'m running 3.2.1, let me try installing 3.2.2. …

Well that was awesome, I rpm -U’‘ed figuring it wouldn’'t blow away my old config, should have backed it up, it blew away the old config and now it will only bind the configuration web GUI thinger to the loopback interface when all the access I have to the box is via SSH.

Is there a configuration in the XML to make it bind on another network interface?

Nevermind, I’'m retarded. It works now. Will do some testing and see if the error conditions reveal themselves again.

Thanks for the heads up, nothing in the changelog looks like it addressed my concerns, but I’'ll give it a shot anyway.

Message was edited by: munin

Now I use openfire 3.3.1, I also fall across this problem. and sometime the user logout and login also cannot resolve this problem.

Please see: http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=26491&tstart=0