Clues on upgrading to 3.1.1 on Suse 10.1

I’'m trying to upgrade to 3.1.1 and after follwing the installation instructions for the rpm i get the following messages

file /opt/wildfire/lib/mysql.jar.pack from install of wildfire-3.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package wildfire-3.0.1-1

This is and excerpt from the msg’'s i get, there are loads of them and it seems like everyfile it trys to install errors like this :

file /opt/wildfire/lib/postgres.jar.pack from install of wildfire-3.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package ildfire-3.0.1-1 file /opt/wildfire/lib/servlet.jar.pack from install of wildfire-3.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package wildfire-3.0.1-1

file /opt/wildfire/lib/startup.jar from install of wildfire-3.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package wildfire-3.0.1-1

file /opt/wildfire/lib/wildfire.jar.pack from install of wildfire-3.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package wildfire-3.0.1-1

I have tried installing with the server both running and stopped with no luck.

Searching the forums has proven fruitless.

Help!!!

Hi,

I do always post don’'t use RPM as it is made by java developers with little PM experience so you may have read those posts and switch to the .tar.gz version. I did write an install and update guide in the wiki.

The --force switch (while Wildfire is not running) should help you to install it. And please make backups of everything before you update just in case that something goes wrong.