Clustering with Openfire 3.7.0 beta

Hello,

I’m unable to get clustering working with Openfire 3.7.0 beta. I tried using both the coherence 3.3.1 files, which I had running successfully under Openfire 3.6.4, and then the coherence 3.5.3 files (removed the coherence-cache-config.xml file from coherence.jar) - both versions producing the same error when trying to browse to the Users/Groups tab.

Here’s the error message:

HTTP ERROR 500 Problem accessing /user-summary.jsp. Reason:     org.jivesoftware.util.cache.DefaultCache cannot be cast to com.jivesoftware.util.cache.ClusteredCache Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.util.cache.DefaultCache cannot be cast to com.jivesoftware.util.cache.ClusteredCache
     at com.jivesoftware.util.cache.CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory.getLock(CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory.java:351)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.getLock(CacheFactory.java:378)

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Did you resolve this?

I am encountering the same problem with 3.7 beta on both Windows and Solaris. I tried removing the coherence-cache-config.xml as suggested in another thread for OF 3.6.4, still does not seem to help. I tried 3.3.1, 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 version of coherence with no luck.

Openfire plugins are not adapted to 3.7.0 version yet.

Any updates on this? I am looking to use clustering and am running into the same issue.

I’ve updated the Clustering plugin, which can be downloaded here (http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/211437#211437). This is for 3.7.0 installs.

Hi Kap,

Did you manage to work this out?

Thanks,

Eitan