Communicating Between Two Servers

Okay, I have spent 4 days trying to find out what I am missing. I am trying to get my Wildfire server (inside my domian, correct ports open on my firewall) to communicate with a Wildfire server in India. We do not care about communication with any other servers just between these two. We have added entries to the HOST files on each server to resolve to remote servers address. However, we can not get communication working.

Any thoughts or ideas. Searching these forums has helped a bit but not resolved this issue.

Thanks

Can you post your wildfire.xml files (without sensitive data, of course)? Also, have you checked the logs in the admin console? Is there anything relevant to the problem at hand? On other thing to try is see if you can telnet to the ports from each respective server. If they are listening, you should be able to telnet to them.

Hope that helps.

I can telnet to the remote IP and FQDN (as specified in my HOST file) on all ports (5269, 5222, 5223).

Debug Contains this snippet regarding the connection:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:143)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.12.14 14:22:34 Error sending packet to remote server:

Wildfire.xml:

I have a feeling this is going to require something I don’‘t want to do, and that is add DNS entries to my ISPs records. This should be doable internally via the DNS I host for the PCs on my network. Note since I am a Windows 2000 network, I can’'t add SVR records as indicated on the forums here. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Try “playing” with the encryption settings. That did it for me.