Compiling with Ant--fails in target -jspc-impl

I have been attempting to compile Wildfire from source (largely to be able to write some plugins), and while it worked when I was first fiddling with plugins several weeks ago, now I get the following error:

-jspc-impl:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger \

(org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

BUILD FAILED

/Users/tcollett/…/wildfire_src/build/build.xml:435: The following error occurred while executing \

this line:

/Users/tcollett/…/wildfire_src/build/build.xml:455: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: \

javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagAttributeInfo.(Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/String ;ZZ)V

/code

On looking up the TagAttributeInfo constructor, it looks like it ought to have more arguments:

TagAttributeInfo(java.lang.String name, boolean required, java.lang.String type, boolean reqTime) /code

I’'m using Java version 1.5.0_04 and Ant version 1.6.5.

Can anyone point me to where my problem might be?

Thanks,

Timothy Collett

Hi Timothy,

Looks a bit odd, I just sync’'d with the repository and did a build ok. So there is nothing wrong with the script or libraries.

The trace indicates that the jasper2 task is failing. I looked inside the servlet jar provided with Wildfire and its TagAttributeInfo class has 2 constructors one with 4 args (including 2 booleans!) and one with 5 args.

You must have some other servlet.jar on your class path which is confusing the build. It seems the most likely cause.

Hope that helps,

Conor.

Thanks a lot! That was it.

I cleared my $CLASSPATH and it got past that step just fine.

Timothy Collett