ComponentManagerFactory

Hi all…

I’m a newbie in openfire , i was learning about develop a plugin , and i learned from broadcast.jar source code.

What I want to ask is about ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager() ?

What is actually ComponentManager Implementation Class created by ComponentManagerFactory above ?

this a chuck of code from broadcast plugin :

public void initializePlugin(PluginManager manager, File pluginDirectory)

{

pluginManager = manager;

sessionManager = SessionManager.getInstance();

groupManager = GroupManager.getInstance();

userManager = UserManager.getInstance();

componentManager = ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager(); // <---------------- MY POINT !!!

try

{

componentManager.addComponent(serviceName, this);

}

catch(Exception e)

{

Log.error(e.getMessage(), e);

}

PropertyEventDispatcher.addListener(this);

}

I have read from API about ComponentManagerFactory, I’ve got this :

Factory to get a ComponentManager implementation. The ComponentManager implementation used will determined in the following way:

• An external process can set the ComponentManager using setComponentManager(ComponentManager).
  • If the component manager is null, the factory will check for the Java system property “whack.componentManagerClass”. The value of the property should be the fully qualified class name of a ComponentManager implementation (e.g. com.foo.MyComponentManager). The class must have a default constructor.

I want to ask about second point , if anyone could explain to me what is avtually happened ??

I don’t about CHECK FOR JAVA SYSTEM PROPERTY “whack.componentManagerClass” ( WHERE I Can found this value ) ?? Is it means openfire system property from admin console ??

Wish anyone could help me , to explain all about this

Thanks a lot

God Bless You