Conference Chats come in as individual chats

Hello,

I upgraded to 2.0.6 and since then, there are times when a group invitation chat comes through our jabber server instead of a group chat it shows up as an individual chat to my desktop. Also, I don’‘t receive a sound notification that a new invitation has arrived. This does not happen all the time but something happens so it doesn’'t come in as a group chat. It seems like when it happens once, it continues to happen until you logout of Spark and log back in.

I am going to have to roll back to 2.0.5, and will inform my users not to upgrade to 2.0.6 until we have determined what the issue is. If I can provide you any additional information please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi,

not sure why I haven’'t received a reply. I upgraded to Spark 2.0.7 and am experiencing the same behavior which is preventing us from upgrading and staying current.

As previously mentioned, I receive a couple of chat invitations, and then something happens and I start receiving individual IM requrests instead of the group chat request. I rolled back to 2.0.5 because the problem does not occur with that version.

We are not able to update to 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 because of this problem and would like to understand what the issue is or my be.

Thanks for your help…

…Brian

Hi Balderman,

Is there any reproducable steps for this one? I’'m unable to reproduce it on my end

Thanks,

Derek

Hello Derek,

I haven’'t been able to consistently. We use this interface to provide a service, so I normally am the one who performs the update first, tests it for a few days and if no issues, ask the rest of my team to update.

The chats come in as group chats initially, and we get an average of 10 group chats a day. After a period of time, the invitations don’'t come in as a group chat, but as an IM request without the group chat notification sound affect which is critical to us as well being the group members may not always be watching their desktop.

I wish I could reproduce it easily but unfortunately am not able to. I have to rollback because I can’‘t perform what I need to perform with this behavior. I will ask another member on my team to upgrade and see if they experience the same behavior to ensure I don’'t have something odd on my machine.

Thanks for your attention on this Derek!

…Brian

Hi Derek,

I just upgraded to 2.0.8 and I am receiving the same behavior, so we are stuck on 2. 0.5.

Are there any log files or anything, I can capture and send to you that will help us eliminate this problem so we can upgrade to the current version?

I really want the team to stay with Spark, but am concerned when we can’'t keep up on the latest version.

Any information I can gather for you I will and send it along to you…

…Brian

I am trying to login to the site and don’'t have my user name , how do I

find my username?

Hi Balderman,

By any change is this occuring after Spark is disconnected and reconnects?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Interesting question. I am back on 2.0.5, but will try it on 2.0.8 and see if that is the situation and let you know. It is possible because it seems like it works for a while then stops working, so let me try it out.

Thanks very much Derek!

Brian

Hello Derek

I ran ok yesterday but today when I moved from the second floor to the third floor running wireless, I did encounter the strange behavior, so it very well could be the fact that I am getting disconnected and then when I reconnect it does not invite me to the chat or notify me with an incoming chat audio alert.

Does this help you understand what the problem may be?

Thanks for your help!!!

Brian

Hello Derek,

it did occur again today when I got disconnected, so I think you are correct with the idea it is after a disconnect occurs that we receive the IM behavior instead of the conference chat invitation.

Is there anything else I can provide you regarding this matter, to help you resolve it?

Thanks in advance…

…Brian