Conference error (maybe related to server bookmarks)

Maybe one of the developers is reading this - I really like your software, and would like to deploy it for or project but here’'s the problem:

I have set up a private server, which is only used to host the chatrooms. Users are supposed to use their own jabber id on whatever public service.

It works fine with my personal account (on jabber.org.uk), but does not seem to work for people who, for example, use amessage.info - if you add our service to the list, the rooms just don’'t show up. It works with all other clients I tred, though.

I went into the debug panel and discovered that the service does, in fact, return all the information about the room in the xml replies. But then Spark asks:

And some unhappyness seems to be logged to the error log:

27-lug-2007 16.47.50 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

GRAVE:

item-not-found(404) Not Found

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.PrivateDataManager.getPrivateData(PrivateDataManager.ja va:213)

GRAVE: Error setting up GroupChatTable

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isBookmarked(Confer enceRoomBrowser.java:648)

GRAVE:

item-not-found(404) Not Found

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.PrivateDataManager.getPrivateData(PrivateDataManager.ja va:213)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager.retrieveBookmarks(BookmarkMana ger.java:219)

GRAVE: Unable to retrieve room list and info.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isBookmarked(Confer enceRoomBrowser.java:648)

and so on. I’'ve no idea what it happening but it seems that the missing bookmark functionality of the server is making spark unhappy - this is really a showstopper for me.

Ciao,

Daniel

Thanks for the bug report. I’'ve gone ahead and filed SPARK-793 to fix this.

Cheers,

Derek