Conference room XMPP support

Morning All:

I recently put in an Openfire(3.6.3) that used A/D authentication. We are also running a Production XMPP jabber(1.4 i believe) which uses an opensource LDAP authentication. I successfully connected to the XMPP environment and am able to communicate with the users, but not in conference chat. I need to keep two clients open: Spark and my openfire with XMPP, and my Pandion client for the conference rooms. Is there any way to link Openfire to the old XMPP conference rooms? Any assistance is very much appreciated…

Thanks!

…bump so as to not get lost

bump…

Hi,

a server 2 server connection should be established as soon as you try to access the remote server. Do you see errors in the log fle when you try to access the remote server?

LG

oh yeah i do…this one over and over. The remote server can be pinged by IP, host and FQDN. I can also telnet to it on 5269. I see alot of other ppl having the same error, highlighted in bold, but have not been able to find a solution for it.

2009.04.02 20:34:16** [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)**

] Error trying to connect to remote server: lbil.com(DNS lookup: lbil.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)