Conflict when trying to restablish a connection

If an ExternalComponent looses a connection to the server and tries to restablish, the server responds with “conflict.” The only way to reestablish the connection is to restart messenger.

There should be a way to kill a dangling external component session.

Hey Noah,

I will try to reproduce this problem and verify what’‘s going on. Meanwhile, could you download the latest nightly build and use the new menu option in the Admin console that shows the connected external components to the server? I would like to know if you see that the component is still connected even though the connection was lost. BTW, how are you losing the connection? Are you killing Whack’'s container?

Thanks,

– Gato

I was killing the whack container. I also only saw this behavior consistently on the weather plugin. I’'d occasionally see it on my own component.

Hey Noah,

Thanks for the bug report. The problem has been fixed. There was a delay of 3 seconds before releasing the connection resources. This problem was also affecting clients that wanted to reconnect immediately. The fix will be available in the next nightly build.

Thanks,

– Gato