Connecting problem

and what is connection manager ? ps aux says there isnt .

and i want configure wildfire throw admin conslole and server havent X

Really? Well, maybe I was wrong. However, I’‘m pretty sure that some other application server is already binding to the ports because that’‘s what “java.net.BindException: Address already in use” says. Are you sure that there isn’‘t any other app server (Wildfire/ejabberd/jabberd/etc) that is using the ports? The solution is that you kill all those and restart Wildfire. Are you sure you’'re not getting something like the following when you do ps auxw | grep wildfire ?

1. jive 1653 0.1 18.7 285768 50940 ? Sl Sep03 0:11 /opt/wildfire/jre/bin/java -server -Dinstall4j.jvmDir=/opt/wildfire/jre -Dinstall4j.appDir=/opt/wildfire -Dexe4j.moduleName=/opt/wildfire/bin/wildfire -classpath /opt/wildfire/.install4j/i4jruntime.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/activation.jar:/opt/w ildfire/lib/bouncycastle.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/commons-el.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/ hsqldb.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/jasper-compiler.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/jasper-runtim e.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/jdic.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/jtds.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/ma il.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/mysql.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/postgres.jar:/opt/wildfire/ lib/servlet.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/startup.jar:/opt/wildfire/lib/wildfire.jar com.install4j.runtime.Launcher start org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter false false /opt/wildfire/bin/…/logs/stderror.log /opt/wildfire/bin/…/logs/stdoutt.log true true false true true 0 0 20 20 Arial 0,0,0 8 500 version 3.0.1 20 40 Arial 0,0,0 8 500 -1 -DwildfireHome=/opt/wildfire -Dwildfire.lib.dir=/opt/wildfire/lib start

Adding:

Lastly, what are you getting when you run the following as root?

lsof | grep xmpp-client

lsof | grep 5222

lsof | grep 5223

It should show what process/app server that bind to those ports.

You know, I’‘m completely running out of ideas :(. Sorry, I can’'t help you much.

Message was edited by: aznidin

Hi copyman,

I did read the things you did try, and “telnet jabber.ernet 5222” was OK so you should also be able to use Spark to connect. Stop Wildfire and verify that post 5222, 5223 5262, 5269 and 7777 are not used. After Starting Wildfire these ports should be used by Wildfire.

Are you using your server in a LAN with the .ernet TLD? Or connect your community members through the internet, then you need a name which is resolvable in the internet.

LG

heh , thanks , now it works …

only on lan