Connecting to Active Directory

We’re attempting to get our OpenFire server to talk to Active Directory. I’m following this guide: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-gui de.html

Host: dc1.mtncom.local, Port: 389

Base DN: cn=Users;dc=mtncom,dc=local

Administrator DN: dn=Administrator,dn=Administrators,dc=mtncom,dc=local

On our domain, we have an “Administrators” unit, with the default Administrator user as a part of that unit. When I click on “Test Settings”, the screen just refreshes and doesn’t display anything. If I save those settings, I move on, using all the default settings. However, when I get to the point of adding admin users, I get the following error:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1

Is there anything jumping out as something I have configured wrong? I have tried adding various admin users, and they all come back with that error. I have included a snapshot of our AD layout.

Hi, your administrator DN fields don’t look quite right.

Try:

CN=administrator,OU=Administrators,dc=mtncom,dc=local

And as for “test settings”, nothing happens when I used it in the past either.

Now I’m getting an “org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserNotFoundException” error. It at least seems to communicate better, but not sure why it can’t see the users.

EDIT: If I remove the Users; from the base DN, it does connect. However, I get all users pulled in. I just want users in the “Users” unit. Do I do the filter there, or do I apply it somewhere else?