Connection Closes on start, then comes back to normal

Hi Guys, here’s what I’ve got running:

OpenFire 3.9.3

LDAP Integration

Compression is turned off

Using Old SSL Method (Bria 4 does not work out this option)

Spark 2.7.0 Build 665 (happens in stable 2.6.3 as well)

Windows 7 64-bit

JRE Version 1.7.0_65

What happens: When connecting to Spark, there’s a moment where I can see my contacts list, and the server can see my client. Only a few seconds later, the client closes the connection due to error (server sees the client disconnect), and then it comes back up just fine like nothing ever happened.

Tried multiple Windows 7 64-bit PCs with different HW configurations and different user accounts and they all seem to do it. Bria and Pidgin do not experience this problem.

Here’s my error log on one of the PCs:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.smack.packet.PrivacyItem.setValue(PrivacyItem.java:206)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.provider.PrivacyProvider.parseItem(PrivacyProvider.java: 125)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.provider.PrivacyProvider.parseList(PrivacyProvider.java: 89)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.provider.PrivacyProvider.parseIQ(PrivacyProvider.java:67 )

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils.parseIQ(PacketParserUtils.java:32 4)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:200)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:46)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:72)

Jul 25, 2014 12:54:36 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Could not load PrivacyLists

No response from server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.getRequest(PrivacyListManager.java:19 7)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.getPrivacyListItems(PrivacyListManage r.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.getPrivacyLists(PrivacyListManager.ja va:336)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.privacy.PrivacyManager.initializePrivacyLists (PrivacyManager.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.privacy.PrivacyManager.(PrivacyManager. java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.privacy.PrivacyManager.getInstance(PrivacyMan ager.java:99)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.privacy.PrivacyPlugin$1.run(PrivacyPlugin.jav a:58)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Just a minor inconvienence, but still something I would like to fix if anyone can help. Thanks!

Ok, some how after my coworker restructured the LDAP settings by putting everyone in one group as apposed to gathering all of the users, the problem went away. A lot went on during that process, so I’m not sure what in particular fixed the problem. Sorry if anyone else has this problem.