Connection reset by peer

I am using wildfire server 3.2.2. It’‘s been working great for me today when all of a sudden myself and one other user get kicked on and offline constantly, and I cannot find the reason why. No idea what else you may need to see, or how to resolve this issue. I haven’'t made any changes to how my client was setup until I started having this problem. And all I did was bounce back and forth from trying to use the IP address to the dns name.

DEBUG LOG

2007.03.06 01:12:32

java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:21)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:233)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:200)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:236)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:232)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(SocketIoProce ssor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:502)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Warn Log:

2007.03.06 00:04:54 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: IP ADDRESS Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@1bca1c3 socket: Socket[addr=/IP ADDRESS,port=44562,localport=5269] session: null

2007.03.06 00:04:54 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: IP ADDRESS. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@15863e4 socket: Socket[addr=/IP ADDRESS,port=44564,localport=5269] session: null

Message was edited by: hallik

Deleting and readding the accounts affected fixed the problem for me.

oops. My bad. Cleared it for about 2 hours. It’'s back again

do you all the time have the same ip address? ocne i had an internet provider that interrupted the connection every ~30min … that was of course the cause why i couldn’'t stay online all the time.

I either have the IP address at home, or the one at work.

Also I have noticed for my login, if I delete myself from the one group we have, I can stay online as long as I want. As soon as I add myself back to the group, it goes back to kicking me offline right away.