Connection string for named instance of SQL Server

I am able to connect to the default instance of sql fine, but I cant figure out the syntax to get to a named instance. Can anyone help with that?

Bruce,

What JDBC driver are you using? I would recommend Free TDS, which we’'re including in the 2.3.2 release. The syntax depends on the JDBC driver though.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I’'m using the SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver Beta 2 (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/jdbc.mspx)

So the syntax for default DB is like:

jdbc:sqlserver://[HOST_NAME]:[PORT_NUMBER]

I had never even heard of free TDS before, can you explain why you would recommend it?

One more question as well, it appears the connection is made through TCP/IP to the database, even if its on the local machine, is this the case, and is there any way around that, as I would rather not use TCP/IP and use Shared memory on the local machine, I’'m using SQL Express.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hello all,

I am trying to set up Wildfire to use SQL Server 2005 Express Edition external database, and I cannot seem to connect to the database. I think it has to do with the URL not pointing correctly; however, this thread also mentions a Microsoft JDBC driver. Does SQL 2005 require the use of the Microsoft JDBC driver? Also, could someone give me some help pointing my Wildfire database URL correctly?

Thanks,

Patrick

right now iam facing the same problem…

i need to connect the console with the SQL SERVER db

regards

vathan

Hello all,

I am trying to set up Wildfire to use SQL Server 2005

Express Edition external database, and I cannot seem

to connect to the database. I think it has to do

with the URL not pointing correctly; however, this

thread also mentions a Microsoft JDBC driver. Does

SQL 2005 require the use of the Microsoft JDBC

driver? Also, could someone give me some help

pointing my Wildfire database URL correctly?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

As far as I know SQL 2005 does require the use of the Microsoft JDBC driver, and the new package’'s main class is different from that of SQL 2000. Also, the connection URL is a bit different:

The connection URL of SQL2000 starts with “jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://”

while SQL2005 connection URL starts with “jdbc:sqlserver://”

Regards,

Patrickov

can u help me in configuring the admin console and the db setup

my gmail id is vathanasegaran@gmail.com

i will be online…if not just leave me a message…

i will coem and join

regards

Vathan