Connection timeout with s2s

Hello.

I’'ve got in my roaster a JID who is on a server (probably not JM) behind a firewall. The firewall drops all the connections silently. When I start my jabber client, JM spend a long time falling in timeout to this server, and the roaster download is very very long.

How can I solved this (instead of removing the contact of my roaster, is there any JM configuration available)? Why do not pool the external connection or make them parallel?

I’'m running a 2.2.1 JM server on Apache Tomcat (but I have the same behaviour with the embedded jetty).

Regards.

Hey Aurélien,

The final solution to this problem will be to do the s2s communication in an asynchronic way. As a temporary solution I created the issue JM-409 which will be implemented in a couple of days. FYI, I’'m now implementing TLS for s2s so I will need to modify the same code for this fix.

Thanks,

– Gato

Great. I’'m waiting for 2.3.0

Thx for the answer.

Hey Aurélien,

You can download the next nightly build and check if the problem has been fixed. Remember that this is a temporary solution and not the final fix. You can configure the system property “xmpp.server.read.timeout” with any number of milliseconds. The server will use that property as a timeout for waiting for a connection to be established or get data from the remote server.

Regards,

– Gato

Ok, thanks. But I think I will wait for a final correction. My server is (dispite this problem) stable, so I will wait for the next release.

Regards.