Connection with Yahoo or Other Servers

Hi,

I have successfully configured and run Openfire 3.6.2 in our network in one of my two office. One office user is using Yahoo messenge. I want to configure our openfire server to talk with yahoo servers & see online users.

I never want to use Openfire gateway service. I want our openfire users seens yahoo users online in other office.

Regd’s

Pranav Vishnoi

pranavv wrote:

I never want to use Openfire gateway service.

Without this you won’t be able to see other non-jabber servers users. Well, you can of course use other gateway services, not IM Gateway plugin. But you will have to find, install and configure them. You cant see yahoo users directly in Openfire without gateway services.

Hi,

Thanks for providing me information. My next query,

Can I monitor gateway service?

How many user are using this service?

Bandwidth utilization by the service?

Thanx

Pranav Vshnoi

Using the official plugins (Monitoring service, IM Gateway).

Can I monitor gateway service?

Not sure. But probably Monitoring service won’t be able to track messaging in gateway service.

How many user are using this service?
In the Admin Console you will be able to see how many users are registered with the gateway and who is online. Server > Gateways > Registrations.

Bandwidth utilization by the service?

No. You will have to find some other tool to track such data. Maybe some tool will be able to filter out and count the traffic by the destination servers (yahoo servers).

Hi,

We are already using these plugins. But never provided sufficent output. Please tell me bandwidth utilization tools name & locations from where I download them. Gateway service already configured for all users but I want to monitor these user when they connect with yahoo server, gtalk server.

Regd’s

Pranav Vishnoi

I dont know of any particular bandwidth monitoring tool which could be helpful for you. This was just a suggestion. You will have to find it yourself. As about the other requests, this is just impossible with the default plugins.