Contact Groups - How to delete

I have tried to delete a contact group numerous times. I right click on the group and choose delete. After I have successfully deleted the gorup, it no longer appears on my buddy list. However, every time I log out and log back in the group I deleted is there again. Is there any way to permanently delete it?

Hi,

is there a possibility that you have some offline users which still belong to the group?

LG

Or maybe the group is a Shared Group?

I am actually working on a project for work and we just starting using Spark for quick messaging. I took the initiative to create groups and add people to them. However, a few days after I did that, the company created a separate group with all of the same people under a different group name. So now I have two groups with the same people in each group and it won’‘t let me delete either of them. Ideally I’'d like to delete the group I originally created incase there are any changes to the shared group.

Hi,

so you should use Wildfire to delete the shared group, a normal client can not to this.

LG

I’‘m sorry but I am not familiar with wild fire. Can you please elaborate a little bit more? Are you saying I can’'t delete the groups that I created myself? That seems a little ridiculous.

Hi,

if you did create the group using Spark then you must delete all users in this group. Empty groups will be deleted automatically.

LG

I am very new to Spark and apologize for my unfamiliarity. I don’'t know what Wildfire is or how to use it? Could you explain at all?

Thanks!

I cannot delete this group because some of the usernames in the group belong to other public groups.

Hi,

Openfire (Wildfire) is the xmpp server which you may connect to. It allows to define server-side groups which you can not modify. But it should still be possible for you to remove all contacs which belong to your group.

It may help to use Spark 2.5-beta4 and use Show empty groups and Group offline users.

LG