powered by Jive Software

Content Filter Plugin & Pandion 2.1.1 Problem Masking

Hi,

I have the JIVE Messenger 2.3.0 Beta 1 (has spanish) and Pandion 2.1.1 because BETA 2.1.2 seems to hang sometimes logging in.

I have set up Content filter but cant seem to get a masked output. It only works if I block the message alltogether, but if I turn that off and add a $$$&%$ example to the mask, the word passes through…I know the Regex pattern works because if I block it altogether it works, but not as a Mask.

I believe it might be Pandion 2.1.1 and Jive…know there is a lot of talk…any ideas? Connor?

Thanks

-Marv

Marvin,

Conor.

Conor,

Thanks for the feedback and pardon the spanish that comes next.

First you will see the block message in spanish, and then turned off with masking on.


SENT:

The bad word is puto. And this is the output I get on Debug screen from Pandion. Hope this helps.

-Marvin

This content filter is always gettting people into trouble, you can easily substitute another non offensive word, for test purposes, like I did :). Luckily I don’‘t speak spanish so it doesn’'t bother me but others may not be too impressed.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if your problem was the same as the one I identified, which it is so I can provide a definite fix.

Cheers,

Conor.

So sooory everyone!!! (Perdon), it was late and my replacement word was not taken.

Yes Conor, same problem.

Again, thanks again for the great work and let me know if you releae a fix.

PS Any good links for regex patterns in Java will be well appreciated.

Cheers,

-Marvin

Marvin,

Attached in latest version of content filter. When this jar is expanded have a look at the readme.html and changelog.html for additional info.

Let me know if it solves your problems, then I will post the code updates to SVN and get plugins page updated.

Cheers,

Conor.
contentfilter.jar (20732 Bytes)

Sorry Did not work for me. I downloaded the file which was actually a .zip (renamed to jar) uploaded to server, and did not work. Sorry…

Keep me posted or its probably something on my side ?

Cheers

-Marvin

Marvin,

For sanity I actually downloaded the attachment myself, and it worked ok. If you switch on debugging (Server->Logs->Debug->enabled) you will now see the content filter logging intercepted messages and showing the masked content. Please capture a sample and post here. BTW please. use the default settings fox,dog and ***. That will make it more obvious to me where the problem is.

Cheers,

Conor.

I have attached it again and updated the version number to make it easier to confirm that the new plugin is being used. If you install this plugin the new version number should be 1.0.1 on your local server plugins page.

Let me know how it goes,

Conor.
contentfilter.jar (20734 Bytes)

Worked like a charm![/b]

Here is the debug as requested:

2005.10.24 09:32:20 Content filter: intercepted msg:

What threw me off was that I was seeing fox, but the person on th eother side was getting ****. You did very well.

2 Suggestions:

  1. Probably a message back to the sender as option (just like the blocked message request)…today you can only use one or the other.

  2. Try to accept { } characters in your Regex patterns if you can for more sophisticated filters…Also a larger entry space for those filters.

I understand the filters slow down the messaging, but it is a great plugin to at least block some offensive words in our network.

I hope this helps you and really appreciate your hard and dedicated work!

Saludos desde Mexico… have good friends from Ireland as well Cheers!

-Marvin

Marvin,

2 Suggestions:

  1. Probably a message back to the sender as option

(just like the blocked message request)…today you

can only use one or the other.

Will have a look to see.

  1. Try to accept { } characters in your Regex

patterns if you can for more sophisticated

filters…Also a larger entry space for those

filters.

The filter accepts any valid regex expression, it may be a case of having to escape ‘’’’ some items. The patterns are tested and should give some indication if what’‘s wrong. The only caveat is that the expressions must be comma separated so don’'t try to filter commas.

Glad to help and thanks for the suggestions,

Conor.

Don’'t forget to disable logging afterwards, that will really kill the performance!.