Content filter problems

Hi, I got a problem with the content filter v1.0 .

If I enable “Content Match Notification” to a user and that user is connected, I get this exception :

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.MessageRouter.route(MessageRouter.java:80)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification (ContentFilterPlugin.java:349)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.interceptPacket(ContentFi lterPlugin.java:322)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(In terceptorManager.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketConnection.deliver(SocketConnection.java:2 46)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.ClientSession.deliver(ClientSession.java:517)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.ClientSession.process(ClientSession.java:511)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification (ContentFilterPlugin.java:349)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.interceptPacket(ContentFi lterPlugin.java:322)

Exception in thread “Client SR” java.lang.StackOverflowError

at java.util.HashMap.hash(Unknown Source)

at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.containsKey(Unknown Source)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:341)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(JID.java:251)

at org.xmpp.packet.Packet.setTo(Packet.java:133)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.createServerMessage(Conte ntFilterPlugin.java:354)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(In terceptorManager.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketConnection.deliver(SocketConnection.java:2 46)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification

The notification is not delivered and the user sending “bad word” is disconnected.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Marco

Hi Marco,

The notification is not delivered and the user

sending “bad word” is disconnected.

Am I missing something?

No all should be ok. Only two questions,

What version of JM are you using?

What user are you sending the match notifications to?

I have tested it with “admin” user many moon ago and it was working. Unless some JM code that it depends has changed, I am not sure why this is happening, but will check it out.

Conor.

Jive Messenger 2.2.2.

I’'m using a generic user named “test”, but I got the same problems also with “admin”.

Bye,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I traced the error to inside the org.xmpp.packet classes, (from whack jar). Its happening when it tries to construct the TO JID. This JID is constructed from the selected user and the domain e.g. admin@127.0.0.1 or admin@mydomain etc.

I have just just tried it using latest from SVN (as I had it setup) and it all works as expected, my Content Notification user (I tried both admin and a test user) gets the notification.

Whats the complete notification user name?

Have any changes been made to whack.jar classes? (org.xmpp.packet)

Conor.

Message was edited by:

Conor

Message was edited by:

Conor

Hi Conor, thank for your help.

The user is admin@jabber.domain.com or test@jabber.domain.com

jabber.domain.com is a machine on the local network, which name is resolved via /etc/hosts in the client machines.

Are the notification sent to a normal client?

I’'m using PSI on Mac (http://psi.affinix.com/)

I haven’‘t done changes to the jive messenger server, I’'m using binary release on a Fedora Core4 machine.

Thanks

Marco

Ok, I’'ve tryied the last SVN version of the messenger server and the plugin works well.

It seems that there are problems in the current binary version.

Thanks, Marco

Marco,

No problem. Cool to see that you are using Mac me too! I tested with iChat, it has reasonable jabber support. BTW Did you know can also connect to group chat rooms with iChat.

Any other issues, let me know.

Conor.

Message was edited by:

Conor