Couple of Questions

Hello,

I just setup OpenFire to use LDAP and installed Spark on a few workstations. I had a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to push the Spark client out to all workstations and preconfigure each user’s spark so they don’t have enter in their credentials. They will be using their LDAP account to authenticate.

2. I would like to create a master list of contact groups and be able to have each spark user have that group. Is that possible to do?

Thanks

1. You can use some script to push Spark, like here Unattended Spark installation (via shutdown script GPO)
    As about credentials, if you are speaking about SSO, then you will have to setup Kerberos GSSAPI, which is tricky. You can watch this guide How To: Video on setting up SSO/AD with Openfire

2. You can check Shared Groups for that. In Admin Console go to groups, open a group and enable sharing in roster. Then this group will appear automatically for selected groups (default is All).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 62 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.