Creating groups in DB

Hi all,

I’m facing a strange problem. I have Openfire server 3.6.4 on Gentoo. Users are in OpenLDAP server, database is PostgreSQL. I would like authorise users against LDAP and have groups in PostgreSQL. On the other machine this configuration works properly but on my server not. When I want create group I got message like this: Not allowed: the system group accounts are read-only. I know that OpenLDAP is read-only. My question is where I can enable (which directive) creating and using groups in SQL database.

Thanks

OK, I made progress. According this documentation (http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/javadoc/ org/jivesoftware/openfire/group/JDBCGroupProvider.html) I set up managing groups from db. but in GUI I still have a problem with creating and editing, I just can read groups that I created directly in DB.How can I tell to openfire, that it can to modify groups in db?

Hi,

if you use this provider then you can read on the page which you posted: “All data is treated as read-only so any set operations will result in an exception.”

I thought that you’d like to use LDAP only for user authentication and Openfire should use it internal group management. Anyhow I didn’t connect Openfire to LDAP so I don’t know if this is possible.

LG