Custom backend

Hi, I´m new with Jive Messenger. I want to know if it´s possible to use a custom backend for the complete application. I saw that it´s possible for the auth module, but in my case I want to use my own database model.

Thanks a lot, Luciano

Hi Luciano,

I want to know if it´s possible to use a custom backend for the complete application.

Other than user management, what else were you wanting to use your own database model for? As you mentioned, writing your own implementations of the AuthProvider and UserProvider interfaces is all you need to do to allow Messenger to use an existing user store.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan, thanks for your answer!

what else were you wanting to use your own database model for?

The problem is that I already have my own web application with users, groups and rooms. I have develop the module to make add, modify and delete this information. I only want to use the chat server (jivemessenger) when I start a custom client via jnlp file.

Thanks in advance!

Luciano

Hi Luciano,

The problem is that I already have my own web

application with users, groups and rooms.

That’‘s not a problem, that’'s a challenge.

I have develop the module to make add, modify and delete

this information. I only want to use the chat server

(jivemessenger) when I start a custom client via jnlp

file.

As was mentioned before, hooking up Messenger to an existing user database is really pretty straight forward. Take a look at how the AuthProvider and UserProvider interfaces are used. A few examples of each are provided with the Messenger source. For the AuthProvider interface there is DefaultAuthProvider, LdapAuthProvider, NativeAuthProvider and POP3AuthProvider, and for the UserProvider interface there is the DefaultUserProvider and LdapUserProvider.

Hope that helps,

Ryan