Customer waiting message

When a customer is waiting to chat with an agent, she gets the message,

“You are currently number 1 in the queue. It is estimated that your wait time will be less than 1 minute.”

I’m noticing noticed that Fastpath estimates the wait will be “less than 1 minute” no matter how many people are waiting or how many agents are logged on. I tested up to 9. In our case, 9 people waiting means at least a 10 minute wait, depending on how many agents are on, and I’d like to be honest about that.

If the “1” in the 1-minute message hard coded or if it is a message I can edit somewhere, or if it is supposed to be dynamic - what can I do to make this message accurate?

1 Like

Hey calebtr,

The estimated time is calculated in UserRequest#getTimeStatus(). You can analyze and debug the logic by following that code. That code is used by WorkgroupCompatibleClient#notifyQueueStatus to build the packet to send to the web client.

BTW, the Fastpath source code is now open source and you can get it when you download the source code of Openfire.

Hope that helps,

– Gato

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a whack at it. It’s also been suggested to me that a few weeks worth of actual wait times will make the algorithm more accurate.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question also about the translation of the message. I did the translation of the text “You are currently number 1 in the queue. It is your que Estimated wait time will be less than 1 minute” for the portuguese. I did it via the management interface of Openfire. However, it was not possible to translate all the text. he further

remained partially in English. See how it fits: "You are currently number 1 in the queue. It is your que Estimated wait time will be less than 1 minute. "

Look at the screenshot I posted here, is highlighted. How do I translate?