"Database setup or configuration error..."

Hi,

My openfire server has recently died on me. The process terminal shows the below exception. Can anyone advise what needs to be done?

Thanks,

urig

From the error log:

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: NUL
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:763)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:480)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:212)
     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:113)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
     at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: NUL
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager.java:151)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPEPSrerror tvsarting het rseejravvear:.7 5P3l)

Open your openfire.script or/and .log file in the embedded-db folder and look at the files. They should contain complete SQL statements. I wonder whether one of the files is broken.

The openfire.log file may be empty.

Thanks. Indeed my opernfire.script file was corrupted. No idea why. I was lucky enough to find a relatively fresh copy of it and used that to recover from this issue.