Deleting multiple users

Is there a way in Wildfire server 2.6.2 to delete multiple users at once?

Hi Chuck,

no there isn’'t. Seems to be a very rare task for an administrator, maybe you can describe your use case.

I know some webmail services which allow to select 1-n messages using a checkbox and then delete the selected messages but I wonder why an administrator would like to do this with users.

LG

I’‘m developing a machine to machine application and as I develop the client software I frequently end up creating hundreds of test clients, which after I’‘m done testing I want to get rid of. That probably is a rare task in general, but it’'s one I need to do fairly often.

Hi Chuck,

if your clients don’'t add users to their rosters you may use SQL to remove the users and restart Wildfire (it caches the users, so you could also purge the cache using the web interface or wait 6 hours), they should all be stored in the JIVEROSTER table.

If you add users to rosters and use the SQL to delete the users then some garbage will be left in the database - this should be no problem as long as you are on a test server.

LG

… you could also try the User Service plugin, it could allow you to delete a user using a simple URL without pressing “Delete User” - so it’'s a little bit more comfortable than the normal web interface.

LG