Dial By extension error?

I’'m using JBother v 0.8.8 and JM v 2.3.0.

My JM is connected to asterisk manager.

I’'m using Phone Client Debugger to connect to asterisk, but when i dial by extension or by jid, an exception SEVERE: (404) thrown.

So, What is the mistake i’'ve done? and what i have to put in the extension and/or jid?

First use PhoneClientDebugger app at your own risk, I really need to give it some loving.

You must enter your server, username, password in phone client debugger then click connect before trying to dial (yes i know its not very intuitive).

Thanks andrew for replying,

I’'ve done this before but i face the same problem . Also, i use my own code to dial, but the problem still exist!!!

when i dial by jid i put fabed@ipaddress.com:5060, is this right?

best regards,

Fadi Abed

Why are you including a port number in the JID? JID’‘s shouldn’'t have a port in them. Can you try fabed@ipaddress.com instead?

-Matt

Hi matt,

Because when I use the JID without the port it throws and exception, but with a port it throws nothing.

Anyway, I searched about the error (401) and I found it is related to (To and From) JID. But if fabed@ipaddress.com is a correct JID which I use it in the To Field and the From JID is getting it from the connecting, then where is the problem.

I followed what “wrcgator” write but there is solution.

May be the problem in loading providers…

Best regards,

Fadi Abed.

When you dial by JID the JID your are trying to dial must be on the same server as you and must be registered with asterisk-im, is this user register with asterisk-im?

Also, does dial by extension work correctly?

Hi andrew,

I face the same problem when i use JID or extension, error code 400.

How can i registered with asterisk-im? all i do is a Phone Mappings entry in the Jive.

How can i registered with asterisk-im? all i do is a

Phone Mappings entry in the Jive.

This is what I meant.

Hi andrew,

I face the same problem when i use JID or extension,

error code 400.

Do you have any more information at all in the log files?? This isn’'t enough to debug with since, it works fine for other people. Also there will be a beta 3 release very soon (probably friday).

Is this mean that we have to manually add for each Phone Mappings record, a record in the sip.conf and extensions.conf

I am having the same problem (400), and it doesn’'t matter if i use jid or extension.

I get following error back from phone.domain:

Channel SIP/company27-b880 was answered.

Sep 20 09:36:23 VERBOSE[32237]: == Starting SIP/company27-b880 at from-sip,6115,1 failed so falling back to exten ‘‘s’’

Sep 20 09:36:23 VERBOSE[32237]: == Starting SIP/company27-b880 at from-sip,s,1 still failed so falling back to context ‘‘default’’

Sep 20 09:36:23 WARNING[32237]: Channel ‘‘SIP/company27-b880’’ sent into invalid extension ‘‘s’’ in context ‘‘default’’, but no invalid handler

I don’‘t know if this is related and I also don’'t know if it is a problem with our configuration. Please tell me if so.

This error probably occurred because the asterisk timed out with the phone action, usually it has dialed anyway it just didn’‘t respond quickly enough. This error won’'t appear in beta 3.