Digital Ocean(Open Fire)

Hi Guys

I have installed openfire in digital ocean ,I dont no why the services getting auto stoped (I have to Restart the service every time when our employees say spark not working)

I am using puttty to access digitalocean

Any suggestions Please

Check the logs at /openfire/logs/all.log and post here. What version of Openfire?

Yes Please Cheak This LOGā€™S

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ā€˜prod1:5222ā€™ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: prod1: Temporary failure in name resolution
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278) ~[smack-core-4.2.2-b1c107f.jar:4.2.2-b1c107f]
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619) ~[smack-tcp-4.2.2-b1c107f.jar:4.2.2-b1c107f]
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902) ~[smack-tcp-4.2.2-b1c107f.jar:4.2.2-b1c107f]
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:380) ~[smack-core-4.2.2-b1c107f.jar:4.2.2-b1c107f]

These are not Openfire logs, but a snippet of Spark logs. Not sure if they are even related. It says that it couldnā€™t resolve name of your server. But maybe it was a result of server failing/freezing, etc.

Get the logs of Openfire. What version of Openfire/Spark?

spark ver:4.4.4

can u please tell me how to see log files of openfire

4.4.4 is not a version of Spark. It looks like a version of Openfire. Iā€™ve already told you where to find Openfire logs. You havenā€™t mentioned what OS you are running Openfire on, so i canā€™t tell you more precise information. Just find where Openfire is installed and then check the logs folder.

Its not possible to see log folder, Because i installed it in Cloud,

java version :latest java 8

i can use only terminal to access the cloud ,Nothing More than that

Terminal is enough. On Ubuntu logs should be at /usr/share/openfire/logs/ (only openfire or root user can access it).

You can also view logs in web Admin Console in the logs menu.

Spark is trying to connect to a host called prod1. That is a very odd name to use for a network-connected device. Iā€™m thinking you have your network settings misconfigured.

My issue resolved Sir

The Error Came For Changing the ā€œXMPP Domain Nameā€ And its Not Updating Correctly Because Allready Employess are Logged in And Working With It in 24/7

I find It After Issue Resolved

What I Done is i degraded the Version of Spark 4.4.4 to Older Version, And Again I Upgrade to 4.4.4 So The Settings Asked For Setup Again

I Configured This Time Perfectly, From 29 Days It was Not Done Any Restartā€™s

1 Like