Disable error log in spark?

We are using spark 2.7.0 installed in a citrix environment and we have had a problem twice in the last month with the error logs that are stored locally. For one user it will create an error log that is 80 GB and fill up the entire server harddrive. If we could disable error logs, that would be helpful or if this issue can be fixed. We are unable to load the error log because it is so large. This last instance, the employee had not used spark all day so it was just sitting logged in and idle.

Is it possible to disable error logs? Or is there a fix for this in 2.7.1?

I don’t think there is a fix for this in 2.7.1 (it’s a minor release with a few features). There is no option to disable error log. It would be helpful to get a peek on those errors. Maybe try getting it while it is small, or probably there are tools out there to get the file sliced in smaller parts. It’s a txt file, so you should still get some info from it if you cut it.

There is also an option to enable debug console on login (Login windows > Advanced). Maybe it can provide some info on these errors.

Here is the error that we are getting that repeats itself for 80 GB.

Jun 23, 2015 10:10:48 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

Invalid connection.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager.(BookmarkManager.java:77 )

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager.getBookmarkManager(BookmarkMan ager.java:58)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceServices$3.run(ConferenceServic es.java:162)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Each time stamp will repeat for several hundred to a thousand times.

We have Openfire 3.10.0 connected to active directory. I checked the last password change to see if they had changed it after they had been logged in to spark but that is not the case. Her last changed password was back on May 4th and it is not expired either. So far we have had this issue 3 times and it has only happened on citrix users and so far none of them are actively using Spark. They just have it on in the background.

Well, this error (as usually with Java) is not very helpful. But i see BookmarkManager and ConferenceService mentioned, so maybe it is one of the bookmarked rooms causing this. Try removing all room bookmarks for these users. You can also try wiping whole profile (if you don’t need any info like history) and starting with a fresh one.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\

UPDATE: we upgraded to Openfire 3.10.2 and Spark 2.7.1 but the error occurred again about a month after update. Is the BookmarkManager only used with the conferencing service? I have removed all group chat/conferencing rooms and service to see if that will help (see attached image). Do you think that could prevent Spark from failing to connect? Or will it continue to try?

I don’t know whether it will help, i doubt. You can also try deleting the chat service itself, though I’m not sure it will let have no services. I think it should. But Spark would probably still throw same errors. Still worth a try.