Disable Jingle/Voice Call Feature

Hi,

I am running Openfire 3.3.1 and I have users running various versions of Spark clients. The newer clients have the “place a voice call” feature and I’'m wondering how to do one of the following:

a) remove this button from their clients

b) configure the Openfire server to not allow for “computer to computer” calls

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Ryan

I am also interested in disabling Jingle, but for different reasons. The addition of Jingle has caused a policy breach within my company, and is threatening my Openfire/Spark deployment. VoIP software is strictly forbidden on PC’‘s. Recently Spark has been catagorized as VoIP software, and unless I can turn off Jingle, I may have to turn off Openfire. I need an administrative mechanism. Instructing users to delete plugins doesn’'t count as a solution.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. If anyone else out there is interesting in controlling availability of Jingle, speak up. Jive listens to the Community.

… speaking of Jive listening, would your issue be solved by giving all of your users voice capability? You may be interested in the Spark Manager tool that Community support successfully revived. It allows you to push current versions of Spark to your users from within Openfire so they would all have the same client version.

Message was edited by: planktr

Hello,

You can disable Media Proxy and STUN server in Openfire, which will block ALL external voip traffic.

But Audio will work for users that are in the same network ( LAN ), what I don’t consider a security risk anyway.

Let me know if ihelps.

Best Regards,

Thiago