Doc for updating openfire?

Currently running 3.5.1 on an ubuntu box and would like to update to 3.6.0a but not sure the how to do that? Can someone link me to a walkthrough?

Do I even need to update? No problems with my current installation as of yet.

The update should follow the same procedure as the initial install. As for need take a look at the change log (http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/changelog.html) and judge for yourself. Keep inmind that future plugin updates my not work for you.

I don’t even remember what I did to install it. There is no document that walks a user through updating their openfire installation? Do I need to uninstall the older version and re-configure everything? I mean if it works the same way I installed it I don’t want to go through the trouble of doing it all over again.

BTW if I wanted to backup my openfire installation what do I need to backup and what is considered critical? would I be okay with just the openfire.xml file?

TIA.

So many questions.

• All the documentation you should need is installed in the documentation directory of your openfire install
  • You do not need to uninstall first
  • I generally backup the entire openfire directory if I am running the embedded database, or an SSO configuration. This is actually the safest way.

Thanks man.