Don''t get gateway contacts when logged on to second resource

I’‘m logged on via my Blackberry (WebMessenger) and all is fine. Withough logging off, I log in via PSI on my desktop. I see the Yahoo and MSN transport roster items but none of my MSN or Yahoo contacts are available. If I log off WebMessenger, I’'ll not be able to get my MSN or Yahoo contacts ever again until I stop and restart the transports on the server.

Nothing in the logs to indicate a problem.

Hrm. GATE-87

I have a theory that this is related to GATE-83 and/or GATE-95. Not sure yet though.

Well, with the latest code updates the problem has changed a little. When I log on to a second resource, I get all the gateway contacts. in the correct statuses. If I log off one of the resources however, the gateway sessions are disconnected and get removed from the first resource leaving only the native xmpp contacts.

edit: Hmmm. I just tried it again and got a weird result. The transport contacts themselves show logged out (and I can’'t get them to log back in again) but I have a few straggler MSN and yahoo contacts that are alive and well.

Message was edited by: gtj

gtj wrote:

Well, with the latest code updates the problem has changed a little. When I log on to a second resource, I get all the gateway contacts. in the correct statuses. If I log off one of the resources however, the gateway sessions are disconnected and get removed from the first resource leaving only the native xmpp contacts.

Does it matter which one? (which resource logs off)

gtj wrote:

edit: Hmmm. I just tried it again and got a weird result. The transport contacts themselves show logged out (and I can’'t get them to log back in again) but I have a few straggler MSN and yahoo contacts that are alive and well.

Sounds like it’'s getting confused about what contact list you have. Even more of a reason for me to proceed with one of my grande plans for the code. grin

I was looking for a pattern (priority or last in) but I didn’'t notice one.

Grande Plans huh? I can’'t wait.

gtj wrote:

I was looking for a pattern (priority or last in) but I didn’'t notice one.

Dooh. well I’‘m definitely running into at least a similar issue myself where I change statuses and all of my connections to legacy networks go byebye. Have yet to track down what’'s causing it though.