Don't have a dashboard at all

I upgraded from free Openfire 3.4.5 to 3.5 (04.07). Don’t have a dashboard (and didn’t have).

Any adeas?

BIG THANKS to all who answered.

Erike pinpointed the root of a problem. Problem went away after I followed advice -removing the plugin, installing JRE 1.6, re-installing the plugin, and restarting the server in that order…

Thanks, Erike.

Jive support told me that the enterprise plugin for 3.5 only works on Java 1.6. I had a similar problem, but it was fixed after shutting off the server, removing the plugin, installing JRE 1.6, re-installing the plugin, and restarting the server in that order.

Hey I.P.,

The dashboard is available in the enterprise plugin and in the new monitoring plugin that is the port of the enterprise code as open source. The monitoring plugin will be available with Openfire 3.5.1 to be released next week.

Hey Erik,

Enterprise does work with Java 5. I would double check with support. May be the built that you have was done for Java 6? We were doing some changes to our environment where installers are created and may be some agent was misconfigured? In any case, the enterprise.jar plugin will soon be no longer needed and be replaced with the new open source plugins (except for clustering).

Regards,

– Gato

The build is directly from the Jive Software website. The error that I was getting was a ClassNotFound exception that would happen regardless if I upgraded my existing openfire installation or made a fresh installation of 3.5. Enterprise 3.4.5 works with java5, but the Enterprise plugin version 3.5 absolutely will not completely load under java 5. This is also on Debian Etch with Jive’s own deb package.