Elastix server instant messaging problems

This is going to be a long post to hold so with me please!

I have been working an a project on my own. I installed Elastix server in a virtual machine… everything was install without any problems. I setup two SIP extensions to try it out… I’m using ZOIPER as a client to try the voice functionality… I called extension 102 from extension 101 from two different PCs and they communicate… I can make calls.

Now, I know that Elastix has the functionality of instant messaging using OpenFire Server… I actived the IM function on Elastix server and then I got into the OpenFire setup page… I follow the steps leaving most of the parts in the default options… for the database part, I use the embedded database option since I don’t want to deal with any external database setup. It is done… I setup the subscription plugin and the Asterisk-IM plugin. I change the options in the subscription plugin to accept invitations… then I set up two users.

Next, I think and correct me if I’m wrong but I needed to setup the Asterisk-IM plugin. I went and enabled it and then I added a server with the following settings:

server name: random name

server address: ip address of my Elastix server

port: 5038

username: my Elastix username

password: my Elastix password

for the configure phone manager I did the following:

Asterisk queue presence: yes

drop-down device: no

Asterisk context: from-internal

default caller ID: defaultCID

The rest I left them blank

After I saved the changes the server was added but it was not online… it had a gray option. I researched the issue and this solution fixed my problem…

[user]

secret = mypassword

displayconnects = yes

read = system,call,log,verbose,agent,user,config,dtmf

write = system,call,agent,user,config,command

I found out that I needed to add an user to connect to the Asterisk-IM in the manager.conf file in the Elastix server. I did and I use that user when I adding the server in the Asterisk-IM plugin again and it work… the server was online with a green status.

I found the solution here (below). I apologize because it is in Spanish… just use Google to translate it… sorry…

http://www.voztovoice.org/?q=node/120

After this I go to the next step which is mapping the phones in the Asterisk-IM plugin. I did it as follows to map two users using the information from the extension I created in the PBX in Elastix server.

Username: username on OpenFire server

Device: SIP/101

Extension 101

Caller ID ----------------> I leave it blank

Next thing I did was to try the ZOIPER cients again… first making a call to each other… it works! then I tried sending a instant messaging or chat… IT DOESN’T WORK!!! I just get a red message on ZOIPER client with extension 102 saying user 101 is offline and may not received the message!!! even though the user 101 is online all the time!!!

I checked the OpenFire logs and I got this erros (below)… these are just a few of all them. I’m not really sure it they have to do with the problems I’m having when trying chat or send instant messages but I get them every time I try the instant messaging or chat option on the ZOIPER client.

2014.01.29 07:55:36 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.RegistryEvent: no setter

2014.01.29 07:55:56 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.RegistryEvent: no setter

2014.01.29 07:55:56 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.RegistryEvent: no setter

2014.01.29 07:56:16 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.RegistryEvent: no setter

2014.01.29 07:56:16 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.RegistryEvent: no setter

2014.01.29 07:56:23 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.EventBuilderImpl - Unable to set property ‘channeltype’ to ‘SIP’ on org.asteriskjava.manager.event.PeerStatusEvent: no setter

I need help with this!!! I want to put this project together and make it work!!! Could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong??? I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!!