emailListener works and then stops

I haven’t been able to figure out why…For some reason the EmailListener plugin works for a little while after setting it up and then breaks either after a few minutes or after a few hours. I can fix it temporarily by going into the admin console, re-entering the emailListener acct password and submitting the “changes”. When it does decide to break it gives the following error message, and gives no other indication that something is wrong:

logs]# grep emailListener * | tail -n 8

error.log:2008.11.17 11:42:49 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.listenMessages(Em ailListener.java:158)] Error listening new email messages

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.listenMessages(Ema ilListener.java:143)

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.access$200(EmailLi stener.java:36)

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener$1.run(EmailListene r.java:83)

error.log:2008.11.17 12:15:06 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.listenMessages(Em ailListener.java:158)] Error listening new email messages

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.listenMessages(Ema ilListener.java:143)

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener.access$200(EmailLi stener.java:36)

error.log:at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.emailListener.EmailListener$1.run(EmailListene r.java:83)

I tried upgrading from 3.6.0a to 3.6.1 with no success. Do I need to figure out how to downgrade openfire to in order for this to work? Any ideas on how to fix it?